Well, this is completely crazy.
In a span of two weeks, I have been nominated for three awards here on WordPress!! As a complete noob here, I find it extremely overwhelming to be even considered for such honor. I feel blessed to be around such an amazing community of bloggers like ya’ll! Keep on rockin’!
So without further ado, here are the awards that I have been nominated for!! 😀
What? Me? Seriously?
Now I know I put myself in a fix by putting all three of them in a single blog post, as they do seem to have different rules but I’m gonna give it a try anyway. (Note to self: Procrastination never helps! Me: Ya I know, I’ll mull over it tomorrow! )
First off, the Versatile Blogger award is from the incredibly talented Abeeha who blogs over at Couch Potahto. Her posts are straight from the heart (she’s got a beautiful one) and never fail to brighten up my day. You should definitely follow her! But who am I kidding? She’s already so famous around here that she doesn’t need any more publicity 🙂
The second nomination, The Creative Blogger is from the intriguing Leela of The Girl Next Blog. Brilliance and wit, a killer combination that you’ll find in each of her posts. And I think she describes herself better than anyone! Just check out her About page and you’ll know 🙂
The third one, Liebster Award is from Mary who runs the wonderful Bali Info Blog. As you can notice from the name, she exclusively writes about her life and her musings on Bali, a beautiful country that I never knew much about. So, if you’re planning to visit or even if not, I strongly suggest you check out her blog as it gives you an amazing insight into a part of the world that you never think much of.
So there you go, three nominations from three amazing people. My deepest thanks to you guys, I feel honored!
I’m supposed to nominate 10 blogs each for each of the awards but I don’t really know those many blogs in the first place so I’m going to nominate 10 blogs overall. Here I go-
- Girl Next Blog
- The Blog of Karthi 🙂
- Beyond Beirut
- Couch Potahto
- Bali Info Blog
- DELIGHT IN YOUR GARDEN
The above are all the blogs I enjoy reading on a daily basis and you should definitely check them out!!
The rules for the awards are as below –
Versatile Blogger & Creative Blogger have the same rules which are:
- Thank the person who gave you this award, and include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 10-15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 10-15 bloggers for the Award — you may include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things/facts about yourself.
Here are the rules for Liebster award:
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominating blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated
- Write a post containing the questions
- Include these rules in the post
Now, onto the 7 random facts about me:
- I’m a MASSIVE fan of everything Harry Potter!! It was the first book I ever read and something that blew my mind away as it was nothing unlike anything I’ve experienced before. And yes, I was so crazily in love with the magical world that I created an imaginary story in my head about a Wizarding School based in India. I had even thought up the house names, the school history, the classes, professors and all!! I still have no idea who my protagonists are, though 😛
- I hate to watch local dubbed versions of English movies and TV programs. I understand the intent, to make them accessible to the non-English speaking population of the country but I feel it takes away the entire experience. To only hear a translation of what is actually being said.
- I am big fan of The Games Of Thrones books. TV Show? Ummm not so much. I know you’re probably calling it blasphemous but it is what it is. I find the books richer and more fulfilling whereas the TV show just glosses over most of the stuff. The actors are all AMAZING, mind you, but the thing is that GRRM’s writing is so descriptive that I already have a version of the happenings in my brain. And I don’t really need to watch the same stuff again. Add to it the fact that they change stuff from the books! It’s hard enough to keep track of one version of the story.
- I can literally survive on very less sleep. And food, too. Always the night owl, I find that my mind is more active around midnight, after every one has gone to sleep. (I promise I’m not a ghost :P) I probably turned this way as I need my peace and quiet to focus. Noise is like a Cruciatus curse to me.
- I love going to movies alone! I don’t watch movies for “entertainment” or “fun”, I can get that elsewhere. I love films that stimulate me, challenge me, or which transport me into a different world. So yes, I’ve been known to like some very esoteric ones. And if you are the kind of person who loves to hoot, comment incessantly or remark loudly while watching a movie, I’ll literally hate you!
- I make killer Banana Cakes! Well they’re so easy to make that I’m sure everyone makes killer Banana Cakes. 🙂 But it’s such joy, to bake a delicious treat in one hour tops.
- Beaches are my absolute favourite places on earth. There’s something very therapeutic in the rustle of the waves that soothes my mind. And watching the Sun rise or set on the beach? Divine.
And here are my responses to Mary’s Questions:
1. Why did you start your blog?
Writing is something that gives me a lot of personal satisfaction. This blog was started in an attempt to keep that passion intact and to keep the creative juices flowing! 🙂
2. Who inspires you?
I can’t name a single person, as I draw inspiration from a lot of people from a lot of different fields. But to put it simply, people who break conventions and do things differently are the ones who inspire me most.
3. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
I don’t really know, to be honest. But hopefully, I would have become a successful author and traveling the world with my family! 😀 A man can dream!
4.What book are you reading right now?
Cult of Chaos. It’s a supernatural/fantasy thriller set in India that features a female tantrist (the close approximation would be a witch) as the protagonist. The book imagines up an alternate New Delhi where supernaturals and humans co-exist but there’s an ancient cult that’s threatening to re-surface and our heroine has to stop it!!
5. What is your all time favorite movie?
OMG this is too difficult!! But if you put a gun to my head, I’ll probably say Before Sunrise. It may not be the greatest movie of all time but I just love how the movie is all about what happens in the span of a single night between two strangers. They just walk around and talk. A lot of talk, actually. But that’s where the brilliance lies.
6. If you could choose anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live, and why?
Probably somewhere in the Swiss Alps. In a nice house that’s surrounded by mountains. The serenity, the beauty – it all gets to me so much!
7. Do you speak any foreign languages?
Sadly no 😦 But I do have a basic knowledge of French, thanks to the two years I took it up as second language, but I’m still learning to become fluent one day.
8. Do you have any hidden talents?
Hmm, not unless you count the fact that I can write in reverse à la Da Vinci, but with my right hand.
9. What career would you choose if you had a free choice?
A travel journalist! Or a food journalist 🙂
10. Whats your favorite type of music?
11. Whats your favorite type of food?
Indian, of course! I need my spices! My next favourite is Italian. Love the warmth of that cuisine.
Note: Liebster award nominees can answer the same questions as above as I love these! 🙂