I’ve been nominated to take up the Allergic to “E” challenge by Priceless Joy who blogs over at Beautiful Words. One basically is required to write a paragraph that doesn’t contain the alphabet “e” anywhere. At first I thought that it was impossible to do so, but going through some of the other entries it did seem plausible. I think I’ve made it within 24 hours, probably just on the line.
Anyway here are the rules:
1) Write a whole paragraph ( a paragraph sounds easy right?) without any word containing the letter “e” (still easy?)
2) By reading this you are already signed up.
3) Challenge at least five bloggers to do the challenge. They must do it within 24 hours or it is considered as failure.
4) If you fail or pass, suffer in the Page of Lame.
5) If you win, wallow in the Page of Fame.
And here’s my modest entry. I don’t know why I tried to do a fiction, that too a Harry Potter fan fiction! Avoiding “e” is not very easy when you consider that the staple “The” contains it. I had a lot of fun doing this but, though it’s not much.
It is dark. Harry pulls his wand out of his cloak and murmurs, “Lumos!”
A blob of light pops up at his wand’s tip, illuminating a small corridor in front of him. Walking slowly, Harry lands up at a big black door.
A horcrux lay within. Harry’s scar starts to sting.
Aaand that’s it. Told you it wasn’t much! (Also my apologies to people who haven’t read Harry Potter)
Here are my nominees!
1) Suchie, from Lil Rant
2) Vanchula, from The Quintessential Irony We Call Life
3) Karthik, from Karthi’s Blog
4) Archana, from ConfusedAndCrazilyCurious
5) Nilesh, from Nilesh Prajapathi
Please don’t kill me for nominating you 😛 It’s great fun, trust me!